Yes, everyone's body is different, situation is different, environment is different, genetics are different but how to end up also depends on the decisions you make everyday. #uptoyou #youhaveitinyou #yourchoice
Truth Bomb: How often do we just want to feel/look good naked? What’s it like to get something you thought you never thought you would have? To feel confident and proud of the skin we are in, not to fit some conformity or BS standards, but to just feel free, shine bright and say- I’m here world!🌎✨. To finally look like how we feel on the inside. Does that make sense?
Today I find myself feeling so much better and stronger in my skin than I ever have. I am proud of every curve I have (even if there are ones I want to change). I have worked for it and have watched my progress improve over just 61 workouts. I put sweat into it, I turned down temptations but still enjoyed chocolate and peanut butter cravings every single day. I feel good, the energy is good, my heart is happy, and I see progress in who I want to be. I don’t do it to fit a standard, I don’t do it to find a guy, I do it all for ME.
Every woman deserves to see her inner strength and deserves to feel pride in wearing it.
It wasn’t a fast journey to get here. It took mental health, mental strength and courage every single day to get out of my comfort zone. I wouldn’t change it for anything. Bring on the age of 30! I thought I was scared of you but I’m ready for my healthiest year yet!
#lookgoodnaked #lookgoodfeelgood #femalepride #womanstrong #doitforme #findjoy #innerstrength #youhaveitinyou #mentalhealth #loveyourself #anxietyfighters #mentalhealthmatters #metime #ibelieveinyou #heretohelp #depressionsucks #anxietyrelief #sweatitout #gradstudent #asthmaticathlete #strugglewithfood #emotionaleating #overcomeobstacles #strongereveryday #goalgetter #bioteacher #shorthairvibes #stronglikeagirl
Wellness Wednesday. Find your truth. What do you want to be? How do you want to feel? Where do you want to go? Who can help you find your way? Who do you want to spend time with? Your truth is inside you. Find it and listen to it. You may encounter hurdles, obstacles that get in the way of realizing your truth and living it, but it is your truth. Your health, an adversary, your own insecurities may get in your way, but your truth can prevail. It is who you are. It is you. Be 'you'! Do 'you'! Without shame. Without fear. Without a doubt in the world. Are you ready? Begin! 😊
POTTY ISSUES: When we first met Daisy a couple of months ago, she was frequently having potty accidents in the house. Her owner was really struggling with what to do and cleaning up accidents daily. A vet check ruled out any medical issues (always a good first step when working on potty issues) so we got to work!
Here’s the program that helped Daisy get back on track: crating at night and when alone in the house (had previously been sleeping in owner’s bed), feeding at regular times twice a day (had previously been free feeding throughout the day), no unsupervised roaming in the house, learning her basic obedience commands so that she could have something to work on and regular trips outside to potty on the leash. Previously when she went outside to potty she would wander around and sniff and “forget” to potty outside.. so now potty trips mean no playing, no talking until business is done!
Really it’s all about having boundaries, structure and consistency so that your dog understands the routine, is challenged to be aware and has opportunities to succeed that you can build on. Nice work Shana & Daisy!! —
#qbk9 #quarterbackk9training #dogtraining #dogpottytraining #charlottedogtraining #charlottenc #dogsincharlotte #huntersvilledogs #mountainisland #dogs #caninebehavior #dogsofinstagram #lifewithdogs #lovedogs #trainyourdog #structure #consistency #leadership #youhaveitinyou
Whilst not directly related to musical theatre, it a message that applies equally across all disciplines and life generally.
Be kind. It's not hard. With so much selfishness and hate in this world, a simple smile or act of kindness could change the course of someone's life.
Love and positive vibes to all.
According to a recent information I came across, the single most important predictor of success is grit. Are there times to quit? Sure. But this post is not for that. 🌷If you are in the thick of a situation, breathe. Be still. Let the storm pass. The sun will rise again. 🌸 #letthestormpass #dontquit #youhaveitinyou
Part of the reason I took up improv last month was to get out my comfort again.
Living in a small town, working on the business made my social life pretty much non existent and it put me in a weird mental state.
I had done improv before in college with ease but this time around I found it to be much harder.
It was a learning experience for me like with everything I try to get the lessons out of it and here are the 3 things improv reminded me about life.
1. Say yes: One big rule in improv is to always accept every offer thrown at you. This sounds cheesy but think about it deeper. In life we get all these ideas, inspirations and opportunities to try but we sometimes shut them down, we overthink too much. In improv saying yes always leads you a better place (full of laughs). I remember having this “say yes” attitude after college and it lead me to great places.
2. You can’t mess up: In improv sometimes I will fuck up. But is it really a mess up? The show continued and people laughed. In life and business decisions there’s always that fear of making the wrong decision. But the crazy part is we don’t know what a good or bad decision is until after it’s taken. And even if a “good” decision turns out bad or vice versa, guess what, everything still turns out ok in the end. I’ve made “bad decisions” that later in life actually resulted in being good for me. I know, crazy how life works.
3. Trust your instincts: Great improvers act quick, on instinct, they just do. I talk about this a lot, I’m a huge believer in infinite knowledge. We have all the answers within but somewhere in our lives we forgot to trust ourselves and resort to other for validation. Practice this next time you get a hunch, follow it. Start small.
Life is one big, long improv show. Say yes, you can’t fuck up, trust yourself.
#improv #lifelessons #gogetter #makeithappen #greatnesswithin #getonmylevel #youhaveitinyou
Have an amazing Tuesday ✌🏼 Love that we have everything we need just need to decide 🙌🏼 #happy #youhaveitinyou
I've been there...Mind is set. It is what it is, right? You've tried it all. You don't have...
Guess what? You have it ALL. It's there. You just have to FIND IT and FUEL IT.
CHANGE YOUR MIND.
Decide you are worth it.
Let's do this together.
I don't even want to imagine where I would be if I listened to everyone's opinions. Opportunity is always knocking, we just have to be open to it.
I heard the knock, I listened to my heart, not their opinions and I'm so grateful I did. I'm building the life that I want. I'm building a life where I no longer dread Monday mornings. Its not going to happen overnight, but mark my words, it will happen.
Remember, others opinions don't pay your bills🤣
TIPS FOR MEETING RESCUE DOGS.. are you going to an adoption event or shelter this weekend looking for your new dog? Here are a few tips to help put the dogs at ease when you meet them:
1. When you first walk up to the dog, don’t pet them and don’t look into their eyes. Just ignore them. I know this will be hard but trust me!! 2. Talk to the person handling the dog - ignore the dog and ask the person questions about the dogs personality, what type of home would be best for them and how to best approach that dog.
3. Take your time and be patient! Usually within 5-10 minutes of you ignoring the dog, the dog will venture closer to check you out! No baby talk!! (It usually freaks dogs out.) So many of us rush up and try to pet the dog right away... and I get it- we all love dogs! But if we look at it from #thedogsside
they are in a new situation, usually charged with excitement, and when someone hey don’t know comes up really fast up into their face, it can make the most easy going dog back up, growl and bark.. making people uneasy and losing interest.
So when you go out this weekend to find your new family member, think about how they must feel! Approach them the right way (basically ignore them at first) talk to the people who know the dog, and I guarantee you will find the best friend you are looking for!!
#qbk9 #quarterbackk9training #rescuedogs #shelterdogs #adoptadog #charlottedogtraining #dogsincharlotte #charlottenc #dogfriendlycity #gcspca #dogrescue #caninebehavior #thedogsperspective #lovedogs #lifewithdogs #bewhatyourdogneeds #leadership #youhaveitinyou
March is National Nutrition month! It is a time to celebrate all things food 🍎🥑🥦and nutrition as well as the positive work nutrition professionals are doing in our communities🙌. I am proud to be a dietitian and can’t wait for what is to come with my career (more on that in the near future). I love food and nutrition but I really love empowering people and bringing out their inner awesome! Stay tuned for some rebranding and updates hopefully within this month as well. 👏
Don't focus on your abundance or lack, focus on the fact that God is enough and has given you everything you need to succeed.