As expected, the 2 hour test was a daunting experience. And I have just written down the test questions that I can remember, which I need to work on.
1. Only handwritten, no oral section
2. Approximately 30% came from the notes that were emailed 2 days ago.
3. Approximately 30% is from whatever materials I could find, translate and digest
4. The rest is based on stuff we have never learnt in the three 2 hour courses, no materials and no direction given for how we should have prepared for this test.
5. They are short answer questions. No pictures although they ask about specific paintings and so on. You are expected to memorise the exact position of that painting in the building
6. I memorised all the key year events of the city from 5000BC to 2013 based on the notes they emailed 2 days ago. Yet they asked about the year 1854, which wasn't in the notes.
7. Two thirds of us turned up for the test.
8. A few walked out within half hour answering what they could and left the rest blank.
9. The tester offered to give us 5 minutes more even when the test duration is over.
10. You need to get mininum 80% of correct answers to pass.
The setter of the test and invigilator of the test is the head of tourism. She knows the industry needs more guides. I like her. I like the quality of her test because if you ace it, you have good stuff to use on the job. I just don't know why the organisation for the courses don't want to help us prepare for the test with proper direction, curriculum and material.
Although I have overlooked a couple of questions which I think I should have known the answers, I refuse to be angry with myself coz I know I have given my happy best, under the circumstances.
Now I know what to expect for the next test in March. If I do pass this round, it is a bonus. Regardless of the results, I want to find the answers to the questions that I don't know. That is, to me, the essence of learning.
#testtofail #missionimpossible #vomitblood #mustcomplain #unbeaten #againstallodds #nextroundplease #positivemindset #learntoknow #ownyourself #noexcuses #setyourownstandards #noego #happybest #studentlife #whatisthisteachingme