These South American cookies are called Gorditas. They're my favorite, and today I'm sharing a family recipe with you because I think we're at that point in our relationship 😉🤘♥ Also, because I love cookies so much, I'll be making them once a week all month, so be sure to follow me for great recipes like this.
1. 324 grams Maseca flour/corn flour
2. 130 grams brown sugar
3. 65 grams Crisco
4. 1 whole egg and 2 egg yolks
5. 1/4 tsp baking powder
6. 1/2 tsp baking soda
7. Pinch of salt (optional)
1. In a large bowl, sift together corn flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together brown sugar, Crisco & eggs until well incorporated.
3. Slowly add flour mixture into the wet ingredients. You can use a wooden spoon, but it might be easier to use your hands. The dough will appear extremely dry (don't be freaked out by this). If desired, add another egg to soften up the dough.
4. Dump dough onto a floured surface & make into a ball.
5. Using a roller, roll out dough until 1/4 inch thick (if you don't have a roller, feel free to use something like a wine bottle... not saying I do that... okay fine, I do)
6. Preheat oven to 350°
7. Using a cookie cutter (or cup) cut circles into dough & place onto parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake for 14-18 minutes.
#cookies #foodceleb #dessertideas #foodie #tea #cookiemonth #foodfluffer @foodfluffer #yum #food #sweet #darkfoodphoto #foodphotography #darkfoodphotography #foodart #dessertphoto #teaandcookies