My photo feature on Pongal, a four day harvest festival celebrated by Tamils across the world. Depicting each day of the celebrations at various parts of Chennai. Shot for The Hindu, Chennai
1. Bhogi fire near BRS Hospital in Kodambakkam, Chennai.
2. Athletes seen on Marina Beach in Chennai even as smoke from Bhogi fires enveloped the entire city on Saturday morning.
3. Two workers unloading the sugarcane bundles ahead of Pongal at Koyembedu market.
4. Turmeric Wholesaler sets a mobile shop in a truck outside the Koyembedu market.
5. 'Sempulam' livestock festival displaying diverse native breeds of Tamil Nadu and their links to ancient daily lifestyle.
6. Children excited to ride in a 'Kangeyam' Bullock Cart at Sempulam livestock festival, YMCA OMR.
#bhogi #pongal #maatupongal #kaanumpongal #chennai #tamilnadu #onassignment #thehindu #photojournalism