You might not see them.
You might not smell them (or maybe you do if you take a close sniff). You might not taste them.
But they’re there: Billions of bacteria in that trusty water bottle that you bring with you to work, toss in your gym bag, or carry to the park or beach.
It may be better to drink from your dog's dish opposed to you current reusable water bottle…(unless you’re using MOUS). Here’s the thing: It’s important to stay hydrated, especially if you’re active, but researchers did bacteria swabs on dozens of popular reusable water bottles and found something frightening.
Actually, very disgusting.
They found that the average water bottle had 313,499 bacteria units per square centimeter.
In contrast, a pet bowl has 100 x less!
Really puts it into perspective, doesn’t it?
And no, these weren’t the friendly bacteria you find in your yogurt or probiotics. These were nasty bugs, like E. Coli and bacteria linked with blood poisoning, skin infections and respiratory problems.
With seemingly most water bottles populated with millions of unhealthy germs, stay healthy with the following tips:
Consider investing in an easy to clean, bacteria-resistant reusable bottle
Wash your water bottle every day
For more dirt on bacteria living in your average water bottle click on the link in our bio!
Stay healthier with MOUS, the easy to clean, bacteria resistant bottle designed for your health!