This fluffy cake is made without any baking powder and baking soda...
Its as soft as a cotton and just melts in the mouth
DM for recipe...
#bakingtime #baking #homebaked #homemade #homebaker #plaincake #fluffycake #spongycake #yummy #delicious #meltsinyourmouth #mumbai_igers #mumbaihomebakers #mumbaifoodblogger #mumbaifoodie #caketime #happyfriday #fridaythe13th #happiness #fridaymorning #softcake
• 70g, 3 tbsp butter
• a pinch of salt
• 60g, 3 tbsp milk
• 39g, 2 tbsp sugar
• 12 tbsp cake flour
• 4 large egg yolks, cold
• 3 large egg whites, cold
• lemon juice
• 8 tbsp sugar
• softened butter - for greasing the cake pan
Prepare 8-inch cake pan.
1) Heat the butter in a saucepan, over low heat, Add a pinch of sea salt, milk and sugar until it dissolves. Turn off the heat, sift the cake flour, add the egg yolks and mix by hand until just combined. do not over mix!
2) In a separate bowl, Whisk egg whites until foamy then squeezing a little lime or lemon juice and sugar a little bit at a time, beating until to a thick and stiff peak stage, about 3-5 minutes.
3) Using a whisker, and turn the small amount of egg whites into the batter, mix well and then turn back the batter into the whites, the most important part here is not to stirring and carefully folding is gentle mixing technique until just incorporated.and use a spatula and smooth the surface. Bang the cake pan a few times and get the air bubbles out of your cake batter.
4) To prepare a water bath. Pour enough cold water in a larger pan. water level comes to 1 inch to reach halfway up the side of the pan. Bake in preheated oven 130°c - 150°c for 50 minutes or until the cake is set in the centre. Baking time it will depend on the size of your cake pan.
5) Dropping the cake pan from high once to prevent the cake to shrink too much during cooling. Once the cake is cool, remove the lining.