-Our Mother of Perpetual Help,
Designed by Henry Howard, 1857.
-Owned by the Redemptorist Order of the Catholic Church, 1920s to 1990s
-Anne Rice bought it in 1990 and converted it back into a home
- About the gas lights on the porch: James Caldwell moved to #NOLA
in 1820, had a pet project which was to give New Orleans the United States’ first municipal gas grid and gas lighting system. This was established in the #gardendistrict
-This house was also part of the brief but memorable tenure of Nicolas Cage in #neworleans
. He owned this house and the famous #LaLaurie #Mansion
in the #FrenchQuarter
before losing them both to repossession during bankruptcy proceedings.
#louisiana #travelersjournal #travelphotography