TIPS TO STOP OVEREATING
Overeating is one of the most common causes of weight gain. Lots of people say they only eat home cooked food but do not understand why they are gaining weight. .
To lose weight you need to eat less calories than you burn. To maintain you need to eat slightly less than or equal to what you burn in a day. Even if you overeat a little every day you’ll start gaining slowly. Even if it’s a kg a month that’s 12kgs a year !!! While eating at home or out portion control is key. How much you need to eat is dependent on your daily activity and goals. However it is easy to figure out if you are overeating… just look for these signs
1. You feel sleepy after a big meal
2. You are eating very fast and usually finish before others
3. Taking multiple helpings
4. Clothes feel tight and uncomfortable after a meal
5. You feel “stuffed’ after a meal
6. You look like you are 6 months pregnant
7. You feel guilty after a meal .
While we all tend to indulge once in a while, too often will cause substantial weight gain. Some simple things you can do
1. Drink a glass of water before your meal
2. Take as much as you want in one helping
3. Chew your food well
4. Put down your cutlery after each bite
5. Avoid mindless eating : Do not eat while watching tv or while on your phone or between things. Sit down and slowly eat your meal
6. Eat what you like and not because you are being pressurised into eating something .
For me eating fast, and being pressurised into eating were the two main issues. Every where you go people will ask you to eat more. Have this prasad, have some more, have a little laddoo… ‘mere haath ka banaya hai’. Before you know it you’ve downed too many unnecessary calories. Worst case scenario I will take a small bite.
How often do you get pressurised into eating something ? do you have any polite ways of refusing that I could use.
Do you tend to overeat at a particular time or in a particular situation? Like when you're stressed ? .
#indianfoodblogger #bangalorefoodies #mumbaifoodies #insta_mumbai #mumbainightlife #myblr #igersbangalore