In a sea of black calves, I could pick him out in a flash. Before we sold the 2017 crop in May, my Mom graciously gave Mr. MYB and I the option of keeping Mo as a pet or picking out a heifer to add to our herd. It was a decision I wrestled with for weeks. The decision came down to this. I felt (and still do) that MoMo was put on this earth to serve a purpose: to nourish the body of many humans with the best protein you can possibly eat and... to teach me quite a few lessons about life along the way. In the end, we chose to pick a heifer and sell MoMo. But, the things I learned from this one animal had a profound impact on my life and I feel compelled to share 🐮
1) Kindness always matters
2) Never stop being curious... an adventure, a lesson, a friendship, or more could be right around the corner
3) Love hard. Find the people (or animals) that you connect with and pour into them, the rewards are infinite
4) Be slow to react. Take it all in and understand the full picture, first. Then plan your attack.
5) Just talk less. And stop allowing the negative people of the world to take up real estate in this short thing we call life. There is no time for that, or them.
6) You can show love without saying a single word. It’s in your actions. Show up. Follow through. Care.
7) Do your best, no matter what. Even when you’re tired. (MoMo was the ninth calf his mother raised. And yet, still, he was one of the best in the crop this year)
8) Finally: there’s something to learn from everyone you cross paths with. Listen. Pay attention. Let it soak in ♥️
#meetyourbeef #wordsofwisdom #animalsofinstagram #cowsofinstagram #realtalk #notimewasted #soulfood #beef #lessonslearned #alwayslearning #beagoodperson #lovehard #talkless #listenmore