FALSE EYELASHES & EYELASH EXTENSION!!! We are revisiting this topic again, You might have been lucky and you don't have any allergy from fixing false lashes, but they can have a negative impact on the health of the natural eyelashes, damaging the roots and causing them to fall out. The common problem with false lashes is allergy to the glue. To add that people use all sorts of chemicals to hold the lashes to last longer😳, I know a true life story of a lady who went blind on her wedding day a few years ago from this!! I wonder the kind of glue that was used☹️ It has also become popular to apply eyeliner inside, on the rim of the eyelid, This is beautiful but it isn't without risks also, This could increase the chance of irritation and infection.
To keep your eyes healthy as well as beautiful, Please follow my tips:
1. Remove all eye make up at night before sleeping, We know a lot of ladies who sleep with professional make up after their Saturday party and go to Church with it the next day and still leave a part of it for work on Monday because they think they have spent money🙄 PLS STOP!!! This is no joke!
2.Pay attention to expiry dates.Infection causing bacteria grow easily in creamy/liquid make up.
3. If you tend to be allergic, introduce only one new make up or care product at a time.
4. Never share eye make up and don't share contact lenses,One factor People don't know is that all eyeballs are not same size. Poorly fitted contacts can lead to serious complications, damage to the cornea, inflammation etc. Be careful when purchasing over the counter contacts that might not have been kept clean.
5. Be sure that your face and eyelids are very clean before applying make up.
6. Do not separate your mascara lashes with sharp items.
7.Wash your hands before doing anything near your eye or face, Some make up artists and hair stylists have this poor habit of running out of the rest room without cleaning up properly and they don't wash their hands, some clients will just endure the smell!! No, that is not being nice, Please Politely advice him/her to wash their hands so they don't inconvenience you.
Dr Ugonna Nwakanma-EyeWise😘