- Madeira Island, #SWR_Portugal
* where to stay:
- Belmond Reid's Palace
- Quinta da Casa Branca
- Castanheiro Boutique Hotel
- Madeira Regency Club
* what to do:
- Driving it self is an experience you can go around the island in one day.
- Natural pools is a must, my favorite (Piscinas naturales de Porto Moniz)
- Trekking and levada walks are famous here, find the one suitable for you in this link www.visitmadeira.pt - Diving is really famous here.
- Walk around Avenida Arriaga, best spot in Funchal.
- Mercado dos Lavradores, Farmers Market.
- By car or cable car go to Monte Palace Tropical Garden on the way out take a ride on the toboggans (Carreiros Do Monte).
- Stop by Cabo Girão Skywalk.
- Day trip to Porto Santo Island by ferry, known by it’s beaches.
* What to Eat:
- Saudade Madeira, Arte e Café (live music dinner)
- Doca Do Cavacas
- Abrigo do Pastro
- Il Gallo D'Oro (Michelin star)
- Restaurante Casal da Penha
- Sabor da Índia
- Golden Gate Grand Cafe
Portages - English - French
- All year long, Best April to September
* currency: .
- Euros .
* How to get a visa:
Schengen Visa .
If you don't have one just apply for Spain visa as we don't have Portugal embassy here in kuwait.
* Tips: .
- Always keep a rain coat on your packing list. - Flights are daily from lisbon and porto to Madeira island
* Kuwait embassy in Portugal:
- Embassy: +351213 876 594
- Ambassador: Fahad alsabah
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Rua de Alcolena no 28 - Lisbon - Portugal
* PS: this list was done by sulaiman alrodhan (insta & snap : @Sulaiman.plus
) who have been to all of the places listed above ( April/2016 - May/2017 - jun/july/2018) and recommends them if you plan to visit Portugal, Sulaiman advises you to research these places to ensure they are to your liking as opinions differ.
Enjoy your trip and safe flight.