🔸Y O G A. N I D R A🔸 The Yoga of Sleep.
With the summer season in FULL effect, I’ve had to slow down and not be so full speed ahead. I started getting into Yoga Nidra which has been really resting and refreshing.
Yoga nidra is done by sleeping, physically but not mentally. Nidra, means sleep in Sanskrit, and rejuvenates your body and mind of all the stresses. yoga will make your body fit and healthy, yoga nidra targets your inner self.
The difference between normal sleep and yoga nidra is that when you sleep your conscious mind is inactive while your subconscious mind takes over - yoga nidra does the opposite: your conscious mind is still awake and so relaxes the body and mind completely.
1. Connect to your heartfelt desire: Bring that feeling when you are the best You, when you are most connected with yourself. How does it feel? What does that Self seek?
2. Find your inner resource: Channel that power when you feel more confident, most secure, and most alive. Think of the things that make you feel passion for life. Then let those things dissolve, but hold onto the feeling they produce.
3. Scan your body: Check in with your body, one part at a time. Can you feel the inside of your right ear? And your left? Then both at the same time? Check in with your nose, your neck, your arms, down to your toes.
4. Become aware of your breath: Focus on nothing but the way your breath feels as it flows in and out of your body. Let your breaths get deeper and deeper.
5. Welcome your feelings: Don't push out whatever feelings come in, take note of them, scan for their source. If it's a negative feelings, recognize where it came from, acknowledge it, and then release it with a breath.
6. Witness your thoughts: Allow the thoughts to surface, and watch them like passing clouds ⛅️ 7. Reflect on your practice: What do you need to focus more time on? These are important questions as you move forward with yoga nidra. Thank yourself for your practice. 😴
#summertimemagic #namaste #shanti #yoganidrasana #yoganidra #skin #yoga #meditate #meditation #peace #rested #refreshed #yogalife #relaxation #yogainspiration #nature #lovelife #yogateacher #yogajourney #smile