As requested by a follower the other day I'll be ranking J cole' s albums from worst to best;
I feel as though j cole is an evolving artist who keeps getting better with each project really but his last 3 albums were pretty much on par with each other so here it is
5. Cole world the sideline story: Although this is a pretty solid project, cole is still finding his voice, his place in the game and what he wants to rap about.
4. Born sinner: In his next project cole becomes more conceptual and experiments with new sounds samples and jazzier production. The lyrics on this album also get better but he's still very focused on himself.
3. 4 your eyez only: This album really got me into cole back in December 16. It his most 'Cole' album in the sense that his forté is story telling and this album is one longer story. It is slightly scattered and if you don't understand the self titled outro (which is one of coles best lyrical songs and a personal favourite) the whole album will leave you a little puzzled.
2. 2014 Forrest hill drives: This is coles' fan's favourite. Double platinum with no features bitch. Full of fun songs such as wet dreamz, no role models, fire squad and many more on the album. Even though a lot of these songs are sonically pleasing, they still contain a message for the real hip hop heads.
1. KOD: pretty unimpressive upon the first listen but as you start to listen to it all again It's inevitable to realise that this is Cole's hardest album yet. It's his most conceptual, lyrically audacious and experimental. Also finally Cole stops really rapping about himself and whining and preaching, he's just putting it out there for us to take it as we please ☞
Dm me and tell me what I should review next ✖ ☞
#cole #jcole #albums #lyrics #fire #concious #coleworld #bornsinner #4youreyezonly #2014forresthillsdrive #Kod #double #platinum #nofeatures