Hello, friends! I’ve never taken the time to write an introduction on here, so I thought I’d share with you some fun facts about me!
1. I grew up on a big, beautiful farm in the Canadian prairies and wouldn’t have traded my upbringing for anything! 🌾
2. I’m quite the artistic and creative being: I’ve been involved in choir, piano, sketching, writing/blogging, flute, ballet, guitar, and now cake decorating!
3. Speaking of cakes, I’m not a fan of “busy” looking cakes, like the ones with all the drips down the sides and loads of sweets piled on top of it. My personal style is minimal, light, and pretty (and of course, pastels).
4. I met my American husband at Bible School in Germany ( @bodenseehof
) and we now live in Maryland, US. Moving to a new country is hard, but giving yourself time to become settled is important. You might find that you've planted some roots without even realizing it!
5. My dream job (this is a no-judgement zone, right?) would be to travel to bakeries all over the world, photograph and eat their signature dessert, and then write all about it on my foodie blog. Oh my word, can you imagine?! Traveling, writing, photographing, and working with desserts all-in-one! 🍰
6. My Dad has 14 siblings, which resulted in me having a zillion and one cousins. I absolutely love being part of such a huge family!!
7. A not so “fun” or well-known fact about me is that I struggle with anxiety. Sundays have become my least favourite day because I’m so nervous and uneasy about the upcoming work week, and cry ridiculous amounts because I can get so anxious.
8. I’m addicted to chips—I probably go through two large bags a week, and sometimes all I eat for dinner is chips. (Don’t tell my Mom!) Oh and don’t even get me started on my love for Coke.
9. I’m an introvert (INFJ) who married an extrovert and I LOVE how our personalities balance each other out. He is actually the best. 💑
10. I was baptized in the Jordan River in Israel when I was 19; my relationship with Jesus is everything to me. (And I'd love to go back to Israel again one day!!)
Can you guys relate to anything I've written above? Thanks for reading--and now, tell me about you! Let's be friends. 💕