I've said that I probably won't run Detroit next year. Even before I totally bombed it. It just gives me too much anxiety for some reason.
The city that I don't know.
The uncertainty of the weather this time of year.
Who knows... It was a race I wanted to experience for a long time because of the uniqueness of being in 2 countries. I did it twice. Set a new half marathon PR for myself the first time..... and totally bombed the second time. 🤷🏼♀️
So now I'm up in the air. I feel like I need one more year to redeem myself in Detroit. So I've tacked my thermal blanket from the end of the race to the wall in my home gym. I'll have to stare at it every time I workout and I will push harder.... to be stronger... to kick Detroit's ass next year, should I decide to return. -----
Extremely happy to be back to my workouts after the past 3 days off. Friday (W4D3R2) was my scheduled day off. I forced myself to take Saturday and Sunday off due to my double race weekend (may have helped for Saturday, not so much for Sunday 🙄). So tonight I picked back up with W4D4R2, Chisel Cardio. Legs are still sore, it hurt like hell, but I mentally needed it. Hopefully it helped to stretch the quads a little and speed up some recovery. Again, I have no clue when it comes to this recovery crap. 🙈
I'm going to go pop some Aleeve now and hopefully wake up fresh and ready to run some miles. I'm an addict. I can't stop. I may need an intervention. 😜
#freepmarathon #ThisIsMyGym #HUSTLEisSoldSeparately #FitnessAddict
My daily stacks consist of;
Pre-Workout in Cotton Candy Flavor. •8 grams Citrulline Malate * 3 grams Beta-Alanine
* 300 Mg Caffeine * One scoop before workout * Rating 5/5 🏋🏽♀️
2. Tri-Pep Branch Chain Amino Acid (BCAAS) in Grape Flavor. * Amazing kool-aid like flavor - no bitter aftertaste! * No animal byproducts 🙌🏽
* One scoop during workout and sometimes after (cause yummmmm) * Rating 5/5
3. Betancourt Micronized Creatine (To maintain strength as I cut)
* Just started this brand - can't give a rating yet 🤷🏽♀️
4. Elite Dymatize Whey Protein in Rich Chocolate Flavor. * 25 Grams of Protein * Rating 3/5 - I'm not crazy about this flavor, it was honestly a bottom shelf clearance GNC find.
DISCLAIMER: None of this are absolutely crucial to live a healthy life style or achieving your goals. I choose to take this because I like what they do for me personally. I loveeeee trying new brands and flavors so drop your favorites below 😋